How to build your affiliate business one day at a time
I am a beginner. Where do I start?
The road ahead can be as easy as you want it to be, it takes work and dedication to promote your affiliate business but that doesn't mean it's all work and no play. The best way to start is by grabbing a sheet of paper and writing down answers to the most important questions:
- Why will my clients choose me?
- How will affiliate marketing work for me?
- What niche of affiliate marketing is best suited for me?
What products will I offer? Once you have a starting point, it's time to start exploring the beginning of your new business.
Why will my clients choose me?
Once you sign up for your first affiliate deal, the next step is promoting the product to your clients. How will you promote it and get the attention of prospective clients?
Start by forming your own community – head for social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Linkedin, etc. – and promote your new product on your blog, website, or in a forum. The idea here is simple - the more known you are, the more trustworthy you become. And this is actually the fun part of affiliate marketing - there are endless possibilities that allow you to choose not only what you want to promote but how you do it as well.
Send your message out in articles, how-tos, emails, surveys, Youtube videos, and any other means that will help grow the interaction with your clients. Stir up the conversations with some gossip posts or news that just hit the media to get everyone talking and following your updates.
Understanding Affiliate Marketing
Next Step: Before we move forward, there are a few concepts every affiliate should understand. If you already know them, feel free to skip to the next step. If you are not sure what terms like CPA or Revenue Share, conversion, cookie, etc., mean, keep reading.
- Conversion - An example would be you are promoting a product of an affiliate you've signed a contract with and you have links on your personal blog to the product. Your readers may visit the merchant's website and read the information provided but unless your reader actually purchases a product, there is no sale. In order to trigger an affiliate payment, your reader must finalize a sale.
- CPA/Revenue Share. While this is similar to conversion, the details of the deal may vary which could require a specific requirement to trigger a payment. This specific requirement could be an action (CPA, Cost-per-acquisition) or a sign up (revenue share deal). A CPA focuses on one action your client must do for you to get paid a fixed amount. Revenue share is more of a long-term strategy, possibly with the same client. For example, a revenue share at OAW could pay you depending on how much your player plays or uses a particular service that charges a fee for each action.
- Tracking. Once you have chosen a product, you are an affiliate. How do you know how many of your visitors purchased the product you promote? How does OAW keep track of that information? That’s what tracking is – when a client signs up through your bonus code or your link, that client has a cookie automatically placed on their computer that tracks their activity (visits and purchases) at that merchant.
- We have an FAQ section that includes more useful terms and explanations on how affiliate marketing works. If you cannot find an answer or do not completely understand what we are offering, please send us an email – or ask on our social networks. Our experienced works closely with all of the merchants listed on OAW and we will do our best to answer quickly and comprehensively.
Niche and Product
Now that you have a basic starting point on setting up your own affiliate marketing business, looking for a product or niche where you can sell physical objects as well as virtual ones could be a good start. Keep future expansions on your list as you discover more products you want to promote along with the possibility of adding or switching to a similar sub-niche and plan on taking your clients with you.
Online gambling is a niche of its own. You are not selling a tangible item that a client buys once. You are selling a service to a select group of players – of those, online poker players and sports bettors are starting a little business of their own. They understand there is a lot of skill involved and they have to work (invest time and money) to succeed. There are many aspects to online gambling and promoting all the arms require a separate approach, for example, a casino affiliate will require a completely different approach than an online poker room or a sports betting site.
Affiliate Marketing with OAW
The team behind OAW has over 10 years of experience in the affiliate marketing field. While we may have solved every issue and worked our way up the ladder of success, we are not slowing down. We are launching a new design, rebranding PAW to OAW, offering an easy to use interface in accessing your dashboard, bringing new affiliate deals to our marketers, and developing more earning potential for you, and in turn, us. We have a lot of plans and you are a key player in making it all happen.
We have helped over ten thousand affiliates start their work-at-home business over the years. We are here to help you be the best that you can be and that’s why for the first few months we pay special attention to the inquiries we get from our new members. Any time you have a question or a suggestion, please email us.
In short, at OAW you can start earning from home with no investment needed. Once you start, you can generate income every day. Make no mistake, this will require work and commitment on your part but you could build your business to the point that you could still gain income without very little time investment. This would be accomplished by earning from your long-term revenue share clients and other affiliates that have signed up at OAW through you.